Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Those awesome Chinese take-out boxes

You know how on TV, you always see people eat out of those Chinese take out boxes? And you're like, man those look so cool, I want to eat out of them too? For me, well I'm Chinese, but I had never had an experience with those types of boxes until just recently!

There is an Asian fusion restaurant in Kelowna called Jimmy Ho's, or as I like to say, JaiHo for short (get it?!). A friend and I ordered noodles and rice and curry from them one night to take advantage of a coupon and to our surprise (!!), we got all the food in these cute little boxes! I don't know what I was more excited about: the boxes or the food inside.

I have the say the size of the boxes pleasantly surprised me. You can fit A LOT of stuff into them! The noodles were so densely I packed, I was like, there is MORE noodles down there!? Same with the rice! I thought I had eaten a hefty portion of the box only to discover to my dismay that there was still half a take-out box of rice! But it wasn't too bad of a thing, I got to eat that second portion of rice for lunch the next day, go Chinese take out boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Originally from Canada. Transplanted to LA. Lived and worked in Kentucky, Toronto, now Kelowna and who knows where next! Let the adventures begin!