Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Food galore

Anyone who knows me knows I love food. Food and me, we're just a perfect combination. I was looking through some old posts and I've seen a slow transition from posts about food to posts about activities and events...and well, I just had to change that because I love food! It needs more a presence of my blog and with that...here are some recent food pics...

Seafood paella omelette from The Jammery: scallops, crab and lobster covered with smooth, smooth eggs. The toast was good too.

Vegetarian burger and carrot soup from Wild Apple at Manteo Resort. The veggie burger was one of the better veggie burgers I've tried.

Pancetta (I think?), goat cheese, apricot/plum covered bread from Wild Apple. The goat cheese was amazing! To put this into better context, read my blog post about Carmeli's Goat Farm :)

Some of the best mussels I've had, ever! And that's saying a lot because I heart seafood. Huge, huge mussels in a really nice broth. I forget what the broth was made out of because I was too busy scarfing down those mussels...

From fancy to perhaps less fancy...ice wine jelly! I saw these stacked up at the Jammery and so was enamored by their lovely turquoise colour, I had to take a picture. Alas, I didn't buy any because I was trying to save money. Sad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Originally from Canada. Transplanted to LA. Lived and worked in Kentucky, Toronto, now Kelowna and who knows where next! Let the adventures begin!