Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Night hike


There is a mountain right in my backyard so I try to take advantage of it whenever I can. I recently went on a hike at night (why hike during the day when it's so hot?) and it was such a different experience than the last few times I've climbed the mountain. For one, it's way harder to see where you're going and what's coming up ahead...Ok, not really, but it was nice to hike with less people around and it was way cool to hike with the moon overhead.


This picture may be a little hard to see but nighttime also brings out the animals...like this deer that popped out on the road! At first I was startled by the appearance of such a large animal but it was so majestic and beautiful, it was like seeing Bambi! This deer or maybe it was other deer in its family came out randomly a few times during the course of the night hike. I have to confess they kinda startled me because all I would hear is rustling in the bushes behind me and I honestly thought either a creeper or a bear was prowling on me. But no, it was just a deer chewing on the leaves!


Thank you to Photosynth, an awesome iPhone app that lets you take 360 degree pictures! Here is what the view was like from the mountain, jealous at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Originally from Canada. Transplanted to LA. Lived and worked in Kentucky, Toronto, now Kelowna and who knows where next! Let the adventures begin!